Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Signatures...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,808
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Default Signatures...


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    (EDITED 18/08/06)

    I have recently noticed a few 'signtatures' that are a little on the glitzy side. These larger than life sigs are quite distracting and can make it difficult to read posts. I have therefore decided to introduce some rules on what is and isn't acceptable.

    1. All signatures must be of a font size no greater than 3
    2. Any smilies used in the signature should be *non* animated.
    3. Signatures should be no greater than 4 lines in length.
    4. Graphic signatures should be static (no animated gifs) and of a size no greater than 350x75px.

    I will give you all a week to change your signatures so that they adhere to the guidelines. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to ask (either via PM or email). If the signatures are still in violation after 18th December 2005 then I will make the changes myself

    Thanks to everyone for their cooperation!

    Best Wishes,

    ND
    Last edited by noddingdino; 18-08-2006 at 10:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Esperance, Western Australia
    Posts
    4,149
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/2
    Given: 1/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Right on, Dino!!!
    Just bowl!!





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Garston BC ... The 'G'
    Posts
    2,572
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by noddingdino
    I have recently noticed a few 'signtatures' that are a little on the glitzy side. These larger than life sigs are quite distracting and can make it difficult to read posts. I have therefore decided to introduce some rules on what is and isn't acceptable.

    1. All signatures must be of a font size no greater than 3
    2. Any smilies used in the signature should be *non* animated.
    3. Signatures should be no greater than 4 lines in length.
    May I draw 'certain' members attention to rule number 2 above and leave it with those 'that have to' to make the necessary adjustments to their signature.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    dreamline Guest

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Time to highlight this again.

    Sorry, but it's simpler than PM'ing everyone who has a non-compliant signature.

    Just like to reiterate, it's not us being control freaks, it's just too much animation makes the forum harder to read.

    Thank you

    (Typos corrected )
    Last edited by dreamline; 15-06-2006 at 08:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,808
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BUMP...

    we seem to be getting a few animated sigs again...!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Garston BC ... The 'G'
    Posts
    2,572
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by noddingdino
    BUMP...

    we seem to be getting a few animated sigs again...!!!
    And some are too big - please can those 'that have to' make the necessary adjustments.

    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Esperance, Western Australia
    Posts
    4,149
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/2
    Given: 1/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by noddingdino
    BUMP...

    we seem to be getting a few animated sigs again...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonH
    And some are too big - please can those 'that have to' make the necessary adjustments.

    Thanks.
    I must agree. Sometimes it's hard to tell the diference between a post and the signature!
    Just bowl!!





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    banana plantation
    Posts
    5,210
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 63/3
    Given: 64/4

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    does this need bumping again , seen a few today with animated smilleys
    There's hope for us all !!! - Mum, that's for you. Love You

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,808
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Could I please direct eveyones attention to the signature guidelines. We are seeing more and more that fall outside of these sizes, could all users that have a signature that they think contravenes what we have set out please adjust them accordingly. Any signatures that I encounter after Tuesday 17th June that do not conform will be removed.

    Many thanks for your help, these restrictions serve two purposes, firstly they ensure that the forum remains readable, secondly they avoid wasting valuable bandwidth.

    ND

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol/Gloucestershire
    Posts
    6,929
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 5/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by noddingdino
    (EDITED 18/08/06)

    I have recently noticed a few 'signtatures' that are a little on the glitzy side. These larger than life sigs are quite distracting and can make it difficult to read posts. I have therefore decided to introduce some rules on what is and isn't acceptable.

    1. All signatures must be of a font size no greater than 3
    2. Any smilies used in the signature should be *non* animated.
    3. Signatures should be no greater than 4 lines in length.
    4. Graphic signatures should be static (no animated gifs) and of a size no greater than 350x75px.

    I will give you all a week to change your signatures so that they adhere to the guidelines. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to ask (either via PM or email). If the signatures are still in violation after 18th December 2005 then I will make the changes myself

    Thanks to everyone for their cooperation!

    Best Wishes,

    ND
    Bringing this back again. Some of you are still using animated smilies in your signature.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •