0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    can i have a copy

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by jemiej View Post
    can i have a copy
    to download the latest version please see my post at https://forum.julianhainesbowls.uk/s...89#post1597089

if you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!

My opinions are exactly that, my opinions!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Default Tournament Spreadsheet

Please could you email the spreadsheet.
    My email address is:
    chas.wood1@btinternet.com

Kindest regards
    Chas
    Quote Originally Posted by mogwairacer View Post
    #######EDIT APRIL 2015####################
    Please see this post (
    #38) further down (on page 4) for latest version details (and how to get it without having to message me!)
    #####################################

Following on from a thread with the Laws section I thought I'd add in some detail I posted over there....over here on the Competitions area......

I have designed an Excel spreadsheet to compile competition draws (as I couldnt find anything anywhere else on the web that fitted in with my requirements) - it can accommodate up to 20 competitions, up to 64 entrants per comp (STRAIGHT KNOCKOUT ONLY - NO SEEDING)
    (if you have 15 entrants it will create a 16 person draw sheet with 1 bye, 26 entrants/32 person draw/6 byes etc etc). If you have up to 128 people split them into 2 groups and make 2 * 64 person draws!!!

It's all quite self explanatory and if anyone wants to give it a go I'm happy for people to try it (hopefully there aren't any bugs but I do not guarantee it!!!). All you need is a PC/Laptop with MS Excel* (optional projector/monitor) and people can sit around, enjoy a pint and marvel at the results!!! No more drawing numbered balls out of a bag (is it a 6 or a 9?), looking up the name, writing it down, have we got enough byes already? No? Start again?........

We have 16 club comps (men, ladies & mixed) and previously the draws would have taken many, many hours - now all you need to do is enter the competition names, number of entrants, entrant names - click a few buttons and hey presto your draws are made all within seconds. Once each draw has been made the names cannot be moved/changed (unless a new draw is conducted!), results can be added and the winners are automatically put forward to the next round. It also ensures that there are no Byes past the first round of the draw.
    All you are allowed to do on each draw sheet is enter match results and Play By/On dates for each round. Print areas, Headers, etc are all preset for you.

Get in touch with me by PM if you'd like to give it a try (INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE SO I CAN SEND YOU THE SPREADSHEET).
    I'm also happy to look at suggestions for improvements.

If, having tried it, you like it.....please post a comment back here!!

* Designed using MS Excel 2002

######EDIT####### April 2014
    v1.3.2 released - see post #38

######EDIT####### 08/06/2012
    v1.2 released - Added option to have SEEDINGS in draws ( 2 in 8 person draw, 4 in 16, 8 in 32, 16 in 64, 32 in 12 ) Also added 128 person draw.

######EDIT####### 19/05/2012
    v1.02 released - added 4 person draw, added extra column to inputs area for detailing of competition format (which is then added to the Header area of each sheet (when printed))

Known issues so far:-
    • Ensure “Enable Macros” is clicked when opening the spreadsheet (and also check that Macro security is not preventing the macros from running)
    • Users of “Office for MAC” (or whatever it is called on Apple computers) – spreadsheet does not run – working on a solution currently UPDATE 21/05 - Incomaptible with "Office for MAC" - known issue on Macs when sheet protection is in place
    • Some Antivirus software programmes are preventing the macros from running – awaiting details as to what that software is.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Chas,
    See post #38.......download and instructions available there.

https://forum.julianhainesbowls.uk/s...89#post1597089

Cheers
    Dan

if you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!

My opinions are exactly that, my opinions!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Over the last 15 years I have developed a series of spreadsheets to help the competition secretary. They include Single Elimination, Double Elimination, Compass Draws and League(Round Robin) competitions. I also have printable blank A4 and A3 drawsheets, and spreadsheet to calculate first round draws and byes.
    Some of the spreadsheets are free to use and some require a licence fee but all are free to try at http://members.upc.ie/n.ohara/
    Last edited by leon; 13-03-2018 at 11:36 AM.