Thread: Big head time

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/2
    Given: 0/0

Default Big head time

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I've had one of my better seasons on my greens for many a year. Yes, I'm bragging. Hey, but why not. In this game, Ya cop a lot, when the greens aren't the best.

The three tiffs at middle park have been run a treat this season and looking brilliant if I do say so myself. Very happy
    Stkilda, well their first year in division one for over forty years and the compliments are very favourable.
    Malvern, well an old bent, showing its the end of the season. But very well covered and the club couldn't be happier
    This is a difficult industry, just hope I haven't counted my chickens
    Hope yas all have great season on you greens in the uk. All the best

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 3/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well done GG. Why not glow in some satisfaction. After all, we put enough effort in so when it goes right we can justly feel satisfied.

Looking for some consistent warmth over here. Temps this month so far generally on the cool side, one or two warmer days but this weekend cold wind blowing from the east, overcast and raw with temps only around 6 c (feels like 4c if you add on the windchill). Grasses still reluctant to 'spring' (pardon the pun) into action from their winter hibernation.
    Have 5 weeks left to get the greens ready so time enough, although some are opening on the easter weekend, just three weeks away. Crazy.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/6
    Given: 5/0

Isn't that what you get paid for?????
    Well done anyway
    We do fairly well without paying anybody

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/10
    Given: 236/5

Well deserved GG - We certainly need some warmth if the greens are going to show any "turnaround" - OTHAFA - (We know a green that needs a lot of warmth and sunshine - thought it was all looking very, very tired today: first time I have been up since the Fuzz was all over... TLC required! Sad times!)
    Fallen out of love with Bowls... (After 40 years - Drained of all enthusiasm: too many takers and not enough givers!)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 2/0

well done GG, nothing wrong with giving yourself a pat on the back.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/2
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Glory glory View Post
    I've had one of my better seasons on my greens for many a year. Yes, I'm bragging. Hey, but why not. In this game, Ya cop a lot, when the greens aren't the best.

The three tiffs at middle park have been run a treat this season and looking brilliant if I do say so myself. Very happy
    Stkilda, well their first year in division one for over forty years and the compliments are very favourable.
    Malvern, well an old bent, showing its the end of the season. But very well covered and the club couldn't be happier
    This is a difficult industry, just hope I haven't counted my chickens
    Hope yas all have great season on you greens in the uk. All the best
    wow, this was over 16 months ago. i just posted another story on having a great season. yes, the heads even bigger. was a better season than the last. came down to employing a qualified greenkeeper to help. whos forgotten more than ive learnt (so he tells me).

well a new season about to start in melbourne. but ive got other things on my mind. off on holidays for the next 3 weeks