Thread: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Question GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    With the deadline of 25th May 2018 fast approaching I wonder what (if any) preparations your club has made in preparation to comply with the new regulations regarding the holding and storage of members personal information (Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses). Have any club secretaries produced and circulated member consent forms which are compliant with the new regulations? Have any Fixture Secretaries produced and circulated consent forms which will enable them to hold and store other club details (i.e. their fixture secretaries, club captains, etc) personal information which are compliant with the new regulations?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 6/0

Can you say where this regulation can be viewed old fruit because I'm sure that every Sec and Match sec does have lists of other clubs officers, club members details etc ! Does it just need a letter / e mail to people to say "is it ok if I keep your details on my list " ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/4
    Given: 5/0

There are many sources for information from local councils, governing bodies and obviously lots on a Google search.

One example:-

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/data-...ion-regulation

HTH.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 6/0

Thanks

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

In my opinion fixture secretaries and club secretaries should use an email address specific to their role and not their named personal email address. For example xxxBC.matchsecretary@xxmail.com
    This has several advantages. It doesn't identify an individual, it can easily be passed to the next officer to take on the role, and an auto-forward can be set up to send to others (including that officer's personal email), perhaps an assistant secretary for example. Also, it keeps club business separate to personal emails. Most clubs now use a generic email address, these should be set up to auto-forward to the management committee, again this avoids revealing a personal email address and enables more than one person to receive important information, from that club's county association for example.