Thread: Ernie rudston ( RUDDERS )

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/1
    Given: 0/0

Default Ernie rudston ( RUDDERS )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So sorry to announce the passing of area 10 forum legend Ernie Ruston aka RUDDERS

Highly looked up to as a bowler and gentlemen in Middlesex and I know I speak on behalf of many members the lawns bowls club , holtwhites Bowls club and infact the whole little bowls world we live in and say he have lost one of the good guys and on a personally note I would like to say Iím going to miss our brilliant matches we have played over at the Lawns , Bounds Green , and recently tye green this season and no matter the results I wil miss the after match chats , one of the people in Middlesex I honestly looked up to and felt was so underrated

RIP ERNIE 🙏

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbowlbarber View Post
    So sorry to announce the passing of area 10 forum legend Ernie Ruston aka RUDDERS

Highly looked up to as a bowler and gentlemen in Middlesex and I know I speak on behalf of many members the lawns bowls club , holtwhites Bowls club and infact the whole little bowls world we live in and say he have lost one of the good guys and on a personally note I would like to say Iím going to miss our brilliant matches we have played over at the Lawns , Bounds Green , and recently tye green this season and no matter the results I wil miss the after match chats , one of the people in Middlesex I honestly looked up to and felt was so underrated

RIP ERNIE 🙏

Agree with all the above! Met him several times this season, with amalgamation of the areas. Really nice man, very sporting during games. A pleasure to talk to and play against. I am sure he will be sorely missed. RIP.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

rip ernie
    legend and top bloke
    Ashford BC Club Champion 2013, NPl BC Club Champion 2011

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/1
    Given: 10/1

Yes, " RUDDERS" was a real gentlemen on and off the green. First came across him in the 80's when he led for Bill Jones, another Middx legend. Last saw him a couple of weeks ago at Lawns when I got stuffed in the Area Final of the Two Woods. It was typical of Rudders that he broke off from his club game, as I was leaving, to say "unlucky Greavsie". Even although we both knew it wasn't strictly true, it was a nice gesture and typical of the man.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Quote Originally Posted by GREAVSIE View Post
    Yes, " RUDDERS" was a real gentlemen on and off the green. First came across him in the 80's when he led for Bill Jones, another Middx legend. Last saw him a couple of weeks ago at Lawns when I got stuffed in the Area Final of the Two Woods. It was typical of Rudders that he broke off from his club game, as I was leaving, to say "unlucky Greavsie". Even although we both knew it wasn't strictly true, it was a nice gesture and typical of the man.

A true gent - RIP Ernie

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 38/0
    Given: 75/0

So sorry to hear of Ernies sudden passing. He was a good guy and good bowler.

RIP RUDDERS
    Give a man a Gun...and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank...and he can rob the World

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Thanks all for your support and kind messages. I did all I could but to no avail RIP Little Ern x x x

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/1

Lovely service yesterday , fantastic turn out which was no surprise considering what a lovely man he was , RIP Ernie