Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Commonwealth Games Crowd Behaviour.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 58/0
    Given: 11/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    All of which are and were available for review between games with multiple replays of each game available, simple fact is that it was obvious to everyone and their dog that these foot faults were occurring but nobody was ever going to act on their "Mates" as has been the case for ages, we have a law which should be enforced, we have officials who should enforce it, but nobody ever does, so based on the inaction, why the flamin hell don't we?

Beggars belief IMHO.
    Given the angle that photo is taken from, I can't tell if any of the heel is still over the mat. Note that if even 1mm of the heel is over the mat at the point of delivery then it is a legal delivery.

Under the laws there is no action that can be taken for any "video evidence" that is presented between the games so that is a non issue. Of course if it is such a worrying issue, please feel free to make your comments to the controlling body at the event. Failing that complain to World Bowls. I know of no event where there is TV coverage available for all rinks (to ensure fair treatment for all) and that the umpire has time or facilities to review it as the event is underway. When an umpire is scanning 6 rinks with a combination of heads and delivery ends, it is very difficult to pick up on a foot fault at match pace.

Who knows when that photo was taken where the umpire actually was? Were they at the other side of the green, actively watching a head where the players were looking like they were going to call or were they even on another rink performing a measure?

Might be a different case if the law was redrafted to state that the foot had to remain in contact with the mat at time of release. Even put a border on the mat that the contact point has to be within.
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Glasgow 2014 - now ExUmpire and non ITO.

Please note any opinions stated now that I no longer have any official status are my own.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 81/47
    Given: 77/8

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghExUmp View Post
    Given the angle that photo is taken from, I can't tell if any of the heel is still over the mat. Note that if even 1mm of the heel is over the mat at the point of delivery then it is a legal delivery.

Under the laws there is no action that can be taken for any "video evidence" that is presented between the games so that is a non issue. Of course if it is such a worrying issue, please feel free to make your comments to the controlling body at the event. Failing that complain to World Bowls. I know of no event where there is TV coverage available for all rinks (to ensure fair treatment for all) and that the umpire has time or facilities to review it as the event is underway. When an umpire is scanning 6 rinks with a combination of heads and delivery ends, it is very difficult to pick up on a foot fault at match pace.

Who knows when that photo was taken where the umpire actually was? Were they at the other side of the green, actively watching a head where the players were looking like they were going to call or were they even on another rink performing a measure?

Might be a different case if the law was redrafted to state that the foot had to remain in contact with the mat at time of release. Even put a border on the mat that the contact point has to be within.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghExUmp View Post
    Under the laws there is no action that can be taken for any "video evidence" that is presented between the games so that is a non issue. Of course if it is such a worrying issue, please feel free to make your comments to the controlling body at the event.
    Those same pictures shown at the start of this thread which showed clearly the player with his bowl in hand at his knee, not even delivered on his follow through yet his foot already off the mat were forwarded to an Australian Official who was Umpiring at a high level at the games, who later showed them to a coach of the player prior to any final being played.

My problem with complaining to World Bowls is, is it a "Closed Shop" are there too many Aussie Hats
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .