Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth Games Crowd Behaviour.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 82/47
    Given: 78/8

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpy View Post
    Maybe if you just sat and watched the game instead of all this petty nit picking then you would end up in an inane argument.
    And as for slagging the ITOs - you have no clue what happens on and off the rink so think before you post
    Ok, photographs and available replays but inane comments, I think a review of just how the sport is umpired may one day occur, because a hell of a lot is dealt with using the old Head in The Sand officiating.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

Watching the fours final it was amusing listening to the Aussie commentator continually go on about the different surface types and best way to play on them etc. Do Aussies only draw or fire? Never attempt anything in between?

Scotland played some lovely weighted bowls, yard on etc, perfectly well on the surface and I thought this was a big part of keeping them in the game.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdb View Post
    Watching the fours final it was amusing listening to the Aussie commentator continually go on about the different surface types and best way to play on them etc. Do Aussies only draw or fire? Never attempt anything in between?

Scotland played some lovely weighted bowls, yard on etc, perfectly well on the surface and I thought this was a big part of keeping them in the game.
    Ian Schuback has a voice for commentary, that's where it ends Chris. so often he calls the shot He would play and the player does the complete opposite, that would be almost 90% of the time, cracks me up, Jack Heberon (I think his name is) is not even a Bowler, has no flamin idea, but again has a good voice for commentary, and as for Corky, well god only knows who paid for his free ticket, so much has been said about his commentary over the years, there are so many who could do our game justice.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/1
    Given: 13/7

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Ian Schuback has a voice for commentary, that's where it ends Chris. so often he calls the shot He would play and the player does the complete opposite, that would be almost 90% of the time, cracks me up, Jack Heberon (I think his name is) is not even a Bowler, has no flamin idea, but again has a good voice for commentary, and as for Corky, well god only knows who paid for his free ticket, so much has been said about his commentary over the years, there are so many who could do our game justice.
    Please can you keep Corky in Oz and not let him back to the UK.

When he commentates on WBT at Potters a lot of us watch the TV with the sound OFF!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Bowls International Technical Official 2012 to 2017
    EBUA International Umpire
    EBUA Website Manager

Thumbs Up/Down

BTW Umpy had a crack at me having a crack at the ITO's, now some clarification'

I believe the International Technical Officials, the Volunteers, those who attended scoreboards, Marked games, made the running of the event possible, all did a fantastic job, my only beef is that with so many breaches by players of laws that were clearly obvious to all especially when the event was broadcast live, no visible enforcement of these breaches was seen to be acted on, and information passed on to me by a well known official was that Umpires were once more encouraged not to act unless called on to act, if that is a good thing for the sport, I wonder in what direction the sport is being steered.

In 4 years time will a meeting take place to discuss the laws, it won't be in a holiday paradise so maybe so, and perhaps at least one law will be changed.

Well done to all who volunteered.

Thumbs Up/Down

At the point of delivery the player shall have one foot on or over the mat. (Latest Jackeroos pic.) Ya gotta laugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/1
    Given: 10/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    At the point of delivery the player shall have one foot on or over the mat. (Latest Jackeroos pic.) Ya gotta laugh.
    Bowl has clearly been released, where was foot at point of delivery ?

Just asking ��
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018
    Glasgow Bowling Association (GBA) President 2018

Any views stated on here are my personal views and do not represent the views of any association I am a member of

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/1
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Glesga Umpire View Post

Just asking ��
    looks to me like middle finger which is the last point of contact. In a good delivery is still in contact
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/1
    Given: 10/0

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Glesga Umpire View Post

Just asking ��
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    looks to me like middle finger which is the last point of contact. In a good delivery is still in contact
    Shows the problem - we have different views based on the same still picture ��

Real time and in full flow can only make it more difficult for the officials who could be trying to watch up to 6 rinks not taking still photos of 1 rink.

We all know this is one of Bushy's favourite topics and he will keep highlighting things with still photos and videos ��
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018
    Glasgow Bowling Association (GBA) President 2018

Any views stated on here are my personal views and do not represent the views of any association I am a member of

Thumbs Up/Down

All of which are and were available for review between games with multiple replays of each game available, simple fact is that it was obvious to everyone and their dog that these foot faults were occurring but nobody was ever going to act on their "Mates" as has been the case for ages, we have a law which should be enforced, we have officials who should enforce it, but nobody ever does, so based on the inaction, why the flamin hell don't we?

Beggars belief IMHO.