Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dress code

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 85/47
    Given: 86/8

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I watched the WBT the other night, first thing I noticed was the old bloke in his Blazer Tie and Medals Galore all over it holding out his arm like an old traffic cop stopping people entering, it so typified UK Bowls to myself and many others.

As to Colour attracting more into the game, numbers continue to fall in Australia and it may well be the colour that's doing it, hell some of the club gear you would not want to be seen dead in, the Victorian Squad Uniform for instance the players look like a herd of Penguins, and many who play for clubs with "Loud" dress gear will travel to and from the venue in alternative clothing, changing into the Gawdy Gear to play, then back to street clothes to go home.

Many of the clothing distributors are making good sales of coloured gear which is not much different to street wear, honestly some of the club stuff is laughable.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    I watched the WBT the other night, first thing I noticed was the old bloke in his Blazer Tie and Medals Galore all over it holding out his arm like an old traffic cop stopping people entering, it so typified UK Bowls to myself and many others.

As to Colour attracting more into the game, numbers continue to fall in Australia and it may well be the colour that's doing it, hell some of the club gear you would not want to be seen dead in, the Victorian Squad Uniform for instance the players look like a herd of Penguins, and many who play for clubs with "Loud" dress gear will travel to and from the venue in alternative clothing, changing into the Gawdy Gear to play, then back to street clothes to go home.

Many of the clothing distributors are making good sales of coloured gear which is not much different to street wear, honestly some of the club stuff is laughable.
    Yep, theres a thin line I agree. Some of the gear and strips in Aus do no-one any favours however, we're talking about a move away from grey trousers at club level so I doubt the next step would be multi coloured clown outfits!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

I think the black and blue (dark) look is a good modern look, but maintains the tidy professional look. Polo shirt with the club crest on is what I would like to see. Our club is still in the all whites and I wish they would step up to something different in colour. Especially the trousers to avoid any grass stains would be great as well. Having different coloured 'uniforms' also helps with club identity in my opinion.
    Darren P
    Avid lawn Bowler!
    Wigginton Bowling Club, York
    Soccer Drills

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/2
    Given: 1/0

Default Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by dpitfield View Post
    I think the black and blue (dark) look is a good modern look, but maintains the tidy professional look. Polo shirt with the club crest on is what I would like to see. Our club is still in the all whites and I wish they would step up to something different in colour. Especially the trousers to avoid any grass stains would be great as well. Having different coloured 'uniforms' also helps with club identity in my opinion.
    Icould not agree more,even if your club changed local leagues wouldhave there own dress regs.which would probably not include your club dress.so more problems.Controlling Bodies have got to start and change right from the top and then leagues must follow .
    No Grey Areas