Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: CM3 Back Online

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 6/0

Default CM3 Back Online

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm not sure when it happened, but WB has made the laws available online again. Chalk one up for making information available. http://www.worldbowls.com/laws-umpir...-of-the-sport/

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It only makes sense to have the laws disseminated to as many people as possible, so WB are to be congratulated on this. They were, however, already freely available on-line from a number of sources - eg:

http://www.burlingtonlbc.org/crystalmark3.pdf

When I started the game in 2017, I 'googled' them, came across places like this and downloaded a copy for reference.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    It only makes sense to have the laws disseminated to as many people as possible, so WB are to be congratulated on this. They were, however, already freely available on-line from a number of sources - eg:

When I started the game in 2017, I 'googled' them, came across places like this and downloaded a copy for reference.
    So using your quoted example how do you cope with law 52.1.3.1
    Last edited by john haydock; 11-01-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 6/0

Correction - the laws are now available in a way that doesn't potentially raise intellectual property rights issues 😉

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    So using your quoted example how do you cope with law 52.1.3.1
    I'm sorry but don't understand the question (if such it be, as there is no '?'), John - can you make it a bit clearer, please? Both the ref. to a 'quoted example' and the law involved (as my copy only has a 52.1.3 - not 52.1.3.1).

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Cm3

I'm sorry but don't understand the question (if such it be, as there is no '?'), John - can you make it a bit clearer, please? Both the ref. to a 'quoted example' and the law involved (as my copy only has a 52.1.3 - not 52.1.3.1).
    The quoted example quite simply that isthe website you quoted as the one you downloaded your info from..and obviously it does not contain the updates,better to get the real thing perhaps.Can you tell me for instance what the amount of deposit has to be payed when lodging a challenge, usingyour downloaded copy
    Last edited by john haydock; 12-01-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

Ah! I don't actually know now from which particular site I got my copy at the time (downloaded 2 May 2017 from the details on my computer) - the one quoted above was one I googled again as a 'for instance' as to availability - there are a number now and at the earlier time.

Ammount of the deposit - no, I've never needed to know. Should I have need of it I would look the current sum up. Can I find it in the 'version' available on the WB site? That's still referred to as Version 3, so I assume no effective material changes to the substance of the rules?

There still seems to be no 52.1.3.1 to which you refer. 52.1.3 in either 'version' seems to be of no relevance, stating; "52.1.3 Each set of bowls can carry a player’s individual emblem, logo or engraving as adistinguishing mark inside the smallest grooved ring on both sides of every bowl." The next law is 52.1.4 . Is there a point to this? I'm confused.

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes i was just curiousthat you downloaded from awebsite something which must be out of date,or missing i updates,and as you have been answering posts on here.so i thought you may like to know you need a version with updates,hope this helps,some updates were from 2016 which you obviously do not have as i said the Controlling bodies have law books available which will contain the latest changes, which will include 2016 and 2018 changes
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 88/47
    Given: 89/8

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yes i was just curiousthat you downloaded from awebsite something which must be out of date,or missing i updates,and as you have been answering posts on here.so i thought you may like to know you need a version with updates,hope this helps,some updates were from 2016 which you obviously do not have as i said the Controlling bodies have law books available which will contain the latest changes, which will include 2016 and 2018 changes
    OMG! Can anyone understand this, or should it be updated?
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down

I thought that bowlers 'operated' under the laws of the sport - which are currently Version 3. In golf, and other areas, proposed changes to the laws are effectively accumulated until until a new version is published, when they take effect - does that not apply in bowls?

Is there any difference between the CM3 available on the WB site and the one I downloaded? In what way? Is that one wholly up-to-date? How does one tell the difference at a glance?

Finally, back to Law 52.1.3.1 for the umpteenth time - what is this?