Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: CM3 Back Online

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    156
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 6/0

    Default CM3 Back Online


    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm not sure when it happened, but WB has made the laws available online again. Chalk one up for making information available. http://www.worldbowls.com/laws-umpir...-of-the-sport/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It only makes sense to have the laws disseminated to as many people as possible, so WB are to be congratulated on this. They were, however, already freely available on-line from a number of sources - eg:

    http://www.burlingtonlbc.org/crystalmark3.pdf

    When I started the game in 2017, I 'googled' them, came across places like this and downloaded a copy for reference.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,823
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 1/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    It only makes sense to have the laws disseminated to as many people as possible, so WB are to be congratulated on this. They were, however, already freely available on-line from a number of sources - eg:

    http://www.burlingtonlbc.org/crystalmark3.pdf

    When I started the game in 2017, I 'googled' them, came across places like this and downloaded a copy for reference.
    So using your quoted example how do you cope with law 52.1.3.1
    Last edited by john haydock; 11-01-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    No Grey Areas

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    156
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 6/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    It only makes sense to have the laws disseminated to as many people as possible, so WB are to be congratulated on this. They were, however, already freely available on-line from a number of sources - eg:

    http://www.burlingtonlbc.org/crystalmark3.pdf

    When I started the game in 2017, I 'googled' them, came across places like this and downloaded a copy for reference.
    Correction - the laws are now available in a way that doesn't potentially raise intellectual property rights issues 😉

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    So using your quoted example how do you cope with law 52.1.3.1
    I'm sorry but don't understand the question (if such it be, as there is no '?'), John - can you make it a bit clearer, please? Both the ref. to a 'quoted example' and the law involved (as my copy only has a 52.1.3 - not 52.1.3.1).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,823
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 1/0

    Default Cm3


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    I'm sorry but don't understand the question (if such it be, as there is no '?'), John - can you make it a bit clearer, please? Both the ref. to a 'quoted example' and the law involved (as my copy only has a 52.1.3 - not 52.1.3.1).
    The quoted example quite simply that isthe website you quoted as the one you downloaded your info from..and obviously it does not contain the updates,better to get the real thing perhaps.Can you tell me for instance what the amount of deposit has to be payed when lodging a challenge, usingyour downloaded copy
    Last edited by john haydock; 12-01-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    No Grey Areas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ah! I don't actually know now from which particular site I got my copy at the time (downloaded 2 May 2017 from the details on my computer) - the one quoted above was one I googled again as a 'for instance' as to availability - there are a number now and at the earlier time.

    Ammount of the deposit - no, I've never needed to know. Should I have need of it I would look the current sum up. Can I find it in the 'version' available on the WB site? That's still referred to as Version 3, so I assume no effective material changes to the substance of the rules?

    There still seems to be no 52.1.3.1 to which you refer. 52.1.3 in either 'version' seems to be of no relevance, stating; "52.1.3 Each set of bowls can carry a player’s individual emblem, logo or engraving as adistinguishing mark inside the smallest grooved ring on both sides of every bowl." The next law is 52.1.4 . Is there a point to this? I'm confused.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,823
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 1/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yes i was just curiousthat you downloaded from awebsite something which must be out of date,or missing i updates,and as you have been answering posts on here.so i thought you may like to know you need a version with updates,hope this helps,some updates were from 2016 which you obviously do not have as i said the Controlling bodies have law books available which will contain the latest changes, which will include 2016 and 2018 changes
    No Grey Areas

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Under a rock most days
    Posts
    8,459
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 88/47
    Given: 89/8

    Default


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    Yes i was just curiousthat you downloaded from awebsite something which must be out of date,or missing i updates,and as you have been answering posts on here.so i thought you may like to know you need a version with updates,hope this helps,some updates were from 2016 which you obviously do not have as i said the Controlling bodies have law books available which will contain the latest changes, which will include 2016 and 2018 changes
    OMG! Can anyone understand this, or should it be updated?
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    Yes i was just curiousthat you downloaded from awebsite something which must be out of date,or missing i updates,and as you have been answering posts on here.so i thought you may like to know you need a version with updates,hope this helps,some updates were from 2016 which you obviously do not have as i said the Controlling bodies have law books available which will contain the latest changes, which will include 2016 and 2018 changes
    I thought that bowlers 'operated' under the laws of the sport - which are currently Version 3. In golf, and other areas, proposed changes to the laws are effectively accumulated until until a new version is published, when they take effect - does that not apply in bowls?

    Is there any difference between the CM3 available on the WB site and the one I downloaded? In what way? Is that one wholly up-to-date? How does one tell the difference at a glance?

    Finally, back to Law 52.1.3.1 for the umpteenth time - what is this?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •