Thread: Men's Top Club Competition- Draw

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Men's Top Club Competition- Draw

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Does anyone know when the draw for the men's top club competition is likely to be made available? We are entering for the first time this year but our fixture secretary is waiting for the draw before sending the fixture list to the printers. I'm concerned this may be leaving things a bit late? Especially as, so I understand, once the draw is made both teams have to agree on the date and time of the match?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/1
    Given: 13/7

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Adams View Post
    Does anyone know when the draw for the men's top club competition is likely to be made available? We are entering for the first time this year but our fixture secretary is waiting for the draw before sending the fixture list to the printers. I'm concerned this may be leaving things a bit late? Especially as, so I understand, once the draw is made both teams have to agree on the date and time of the match?
    Please see BE Competition Regulation No. 52 and in particular clause 1.16.

However, when a draw and result card is issued in advance of the start of the
    Competition, the Challenger does not need to offer dates until 21 days before the closing date of that round,
    after which the aforesaid conditions will apply.
    World Bowls International Technical Official
    EBUA International Umpire
    EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Surrey County Co-ordinator
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Yes, this event is "play by", so you'd only be able to fix the first match anyway at this stage.

In recent years, despite publicising an entry closing date of 1st Feb, BE have extended the window, presumably to get in more entries. Although I haven't tried, I suspect they're still receiving entries now.
    I know what you're thinking. The face is familiar. Perhaps you've seen me on tv ???

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/1
    Given: 81/0

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Adams View Post
    Tell your Fixture Secretary to crack on and get your fixture list printed.

The Top Club (and D/Fours) is a "play by" competition, so is not something you can add in to your fixture list.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

So does anybody actually know when the draw is done???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just noticed the fixtures will be out early April...
    Last edited by truckertang; 24-03-2019 at 03:54 PM.