Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almark Crusader

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 1/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by happymrjames View Post
    Not a delivery problem - it is more that some greens can sometimes have problems: root depth not very low, watered too much etc. It is a combination of the delivery style (I have no backswing, and push the bowl in front of my body), the quality of green and the weight of the bowl. For me, I've recognised that the couple of ounces makes a difference in this respect on these types of greens, but others too have mentioned this.
    Comments in the greenkeeper forum do not seem to agree with you
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 36/0

two comments, from one person, on incomplete information - doth not allow for a fully reasoned conclusion to be drawn. I have added further info to that post. In the end, it matters not one jot. On some greens, that have poor root depth I take the good decision to play with a middle-weight bowl. This stops me from cutting up the green with the heavy-weight bowls. This seems simple, sensible and logical. 4 ounces lighter stops the problem.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Thanks for the information lads all very interesting but not really relevant to my original post which asked what draw the Almark Crusader has. it it a a wide drawing or mid-bias model. I think John said wide drawing but I'm interested to hear from anyone else who has a view.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Having saidi have not seen any Henselite Indoor Deluxe a set of size 6 turned up today,a bit scruffy but if anyone wants them they can have for the cost of postage ,about 12pounds i reckon
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0

Royal Mail are quite costly for postage of heavy/bulky items - Hermes, the courier, deliver a set of bowls for about 8 (including collection charge), and are quick and reliable.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Postage,

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    Royal Mail are quite costly for postage of heavy/bulky items - Hermes, the courier, deliver a set of bowls for about 8 (including collection charge), and are quick and reliable.
    I always use Hermes drop off,usually between 10-12 pounds with minimum insurance. Size 6 come in about 5 1/2 kilo.and they charge VAT as well ,the site is called. Myparceldelivery.com and quotes all services and options
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow - I use Hermes, too and never pay more than 8 with collection from my house! I've sold about 20 sets that way of all different sizes

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    Wow - I use Hermes, too and never pay more than 8 with collection from my house! I've sold about 20 sets that way of all different sizes
    most of the items i sell are valued between 150-300 ,and i cannot get that for 8 with decent insurance.But i guess you can,with reference to the 10-12 pounds i quoted that is a very general one looking at EBay postage costs. and i secretly new that you would be having the last word,i hope after you sold the 20 sets you found a set you liked?
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

I found a set for grass very early on that I preferred, and nearly always use those in matches. but just liked trying other sets and seeing how they performed (and am still doing that!); I've since kept two others sets, for short-mat and the all-weather surface. I can see that,with more expensive items, insurance would increase the cost somewhat.