Thread: Trevor Davies

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/8
    Given: 0/0

Default Trevor Davis

-6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It has been reported that International Technical Official, Bowls South Africa Executive and member of the World Bowl Laws Committee Trevor Davis and his wife Elma, member of the RSA international bowls team passed away yesterday in an inexplicable act of alleged domestic violence.

RIP Trevor and Elma.
    Last edited by NicoT; 15-04-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Correct typos

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 97/12
    Given: 32/5

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am total shock as I wake up to this today. I have known Trevor for many years and have worked alongside him in many events. I was communicating with him late last week about the upcoming Atlantic Championships and I cannot believe this news today.
    so so so tragic.
    It's a simple game really!!!
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Manchester 2002, Melbourne 2006, Delhi 2010, Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018

www.allanthornhill.com or Contact me directly @ Ask Umpy

Any comments made by me on this Forum are my personal opinions only and not those of the World Bowls Laws Committee or the English Bowls Umpires Association

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/3
    Given: 23/13

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Absolutely shocked by this news. First met Trevor at Ayr in 2004 when he and his then wife Lorna were over for the World Championships. Took Trevor up to Taylors for a tour of the factory which he loved. Next met up with him, and Elma, at Delhi for the test event for CWG2010 and for the games themselves. Always got on well with Trevor and enjoyed his company at both Glasgow 2014 and Gold Coast 2018. Trevor, in fact, was the marker for the men's singles final at Glasgow when Darren Burnett beat Ryan Bester. A great loss to bowls, particularly in South Africa, but also to the World Bowls Laws Committee for which he was a long-time member. Elma's passing will, of course, be a huge loss to the SA women's game of which she was such an important part.
    If you don't play it you won't get it.....