Thread: Three Touchers!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 91/47
    Given: 93/8

Default Three Touchers!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Playing today in a format I hate really where Respots go on the T, but needing to win the final end I took the mat up, rolled the Jack on the T and proceeded to drive with my first bowl, hit the Jack, but sliced it out of bounds, toucher remained in the ditch, opponent drew, but not real close, however I drove a second time and same darn result, sliced Jack out of bounds and toucher live in ditch, opponent draws close, holding two, I drive again, Jack straight as a dye hits my toucher and rebounds re-hits the bowl I am driving with and out of bounds again, but this time my bowl also rebounded off the two ditched touchers and stopped near the T and when Jack is respotted I am holding shot.

Opponent is annoyed as hell "This is not Bowls" he moans to the Marker, but he now opts to play weight to remove my bowl, he slices off my bowl and hits the Jack but also moves the Jack into the ditch, sits next to my two touchers, I am in an unbeatable position, but thinking I have nothing to lose decide to drive at my own live toucher on the green, just for fun, and miss.

Game over but opponent is livid, refuses to shake hands, walks off in disgust and is later whinging to all around the place that touchers should be banned and restrictions placed on drives and yadda yadda.

Does he have a case?
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 53/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    No. Not at all. Well done, you Would have been fun to watch

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 95/6
    Given: 28/5

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well played Bushy. Takes as much skill to drive as draw.
    shame you didn’t film it
    It's a simple game really!!!
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Manchester 2002, Melbourne 2006, Delhi 2010, Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018

www.allanthornhill.com or Contact me directly @ Ask Umpy

Any comments made by me on this Forum are my personal opinions only and not those of the World Bowls Laws Committee or the English Bowls Umpires Association

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/0
    Given: 0/0

I'm sometimes accused of not 'accepting' laws - not true, the current laws all apply when they do and must be accepted: if something is not prevented, it's allowed and should be seen as a valid part of 'bowls'. So... well played! As Umpy says, driving, and playing with weight generally, is a skill and should not be denigrated: you play as you need to.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 91/47
    Given: 93/8

Thanks guys for the response, I have played for over 40 years I recently worked out, always been one of the most aggressive players and it has been often to my detriment, however also been beneficial, my most memorable victory being putting Ryan Bester out once in the Australian Open, and memorably driving the bare jack first bowl in the process, god only knows what Ryan thought but he is a great bowler, follow his progresses with passion, have no idea how much longer I can continue to play in the style I love playing, but if the target is there to be hit, I will always be tempted.

Also to those I have annoyed with some of my posts here, please rest assured that I am not going to go soft, but I will try not to be as annoying, maybe age and health issues are catching up to me, but I do love all of the passion you people also bring to the game.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/3
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Thanks guys for the response, I have played for over 40 years I recently worked out, always been one of the most aggressive players and it has been often to my detriment, however also been beneficial, my most memorable victory being putting Ryan Bester out once in the Australian Open, and memorably driving the bare jack first bowl in the process, god only knows what Ryan thought but he is a great bowler, follow his progresses with passion, have no idea how much longer I can continue to play in the style I love playing, but if the target is there to be hit, I will always be tempted.

Also to those I have annoyed with some of my posts here, please rest assured that I am not going to go soft, but I will try not to be as annoying, maybe age and health issues are catching up to me, but I do love all of the passion you people also bring to the game.
    Please do not change Bushy, we are losing a lot of characters in the game
    No Grey Areas