Thread: Help with unknown (to me, at least) bowls...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Help with unknown (to me, at least) bowls...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hello all .
    Can anyone help with information about Taylor 'Bryant's' Drakeline bowls?
    I'm particularly interested to know the trajectory - even a rough guide ...wide, narrow, or middle or compare to, say, Taylor Ace. ...strong finish, or even track etc .
    Any info will be appreciated.
    John G

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/0

I have a set of Size 6 Bryant's Drakelite (weighing just above the maximum at 1.6kg!) and have been using them on an all-weather outdoor synthetic green. They have quite a wide bias and a strong finish; they are certainly wider/stronger than a fairly early set of Aces's (original, wider bias) that I have and have used on the same green; they are also stronger/wider than a set of Lignoids I have. I have tried them on grass, but find them a bit too tiring on that surface. I have also used them indoors, but they are problematic there, requiring a very wide aim indeed, and impossible for me on an outside rink.

I like them, and they can prove very effective when I can control them - on a bad day they tend to get away from me and can easily cut across the head making me look a bit silly.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Thank you !

Exactly what I needed to know. !
    I'm using my indoor (Lazers) at the start of this season, having sold my Ace 3's (arthritis is forcing me to 2's now)
    I saw some of the 'Bryant's' size 2 on eBad, but the seller couldn't give me any info as he's 'selling them for a friend'

I'm looking at maybe Ace 2's, or Blaze 3's /Vector Vs 2's, so I think I can write to the seller again, telling him they will not be suitable for my purposes.

Thanks again, for concise reply .

John G

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk