Given: 0/0

Default Scorecard

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Who in the rules keeps the scorecard

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/2

Try 'law' 40.1.7 in particular 40.1.7.1 "The Skip must.... be responsible for the score card supplied by the Controlling Body while play is in progress" as amplified by the remainder of that law/rule (I'm easy with either descriptive term)

This is a duty that specifically cannot be delegated (see the exception referred to in 40.1.10).

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/4
    Given: 13/7

Quote Originally Posted by sudsey1 View Post
    Who in the rules keeps the scorecard
    The CM 3 Laws of the Sport of Bowls state that by default the skip keeps the card. The skip can delegate this duty to any player in his rink but BOTH SKIPS must delegate the duty to their player in the same playing position ( either lead, two or three ).

If the skips can not agree on this then by default both the skips must keep the card.

If you are playing in a side game ( more than one rink or discipline ) a different position player on each rink can keep the card but on any one rink paragraph one above applies.

Law 40.1.9 is the one to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Bowls International Technical Official
    EBUA International Umpire
    EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Surrey County Co-ordinator
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    Try 'law' 40.1.7 in particular 40.1.7.1 "The Skip must.... be responsible for the score card supplied by the Controlling Body while play is in progress" as amplified by the remainder of that law/rule (I'm easy with either descriptive term)

This is a duty that specifically cannot be delegated (see the exception referred to in 40.1.10).
    Incorrect please see 40.1.9

EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/16
    Given: 2/2

Default scorecard

Not very Precise advice
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 91/73
    Given: 93/8

In all Fours disciplines in Australia the Second is given the card, gets the cushy job therefore does not have to kick the bowls back, but is also responsible for running off to the bar to get the team beers.

We play a civilised game where everyone knows their position, their limitations, and their duties.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    In all Fours disciplines in Australia the Second is given the card, gets the cushy job therefore does not have to kick the bowls back, but is also responsible for running off to the bar to get the team beers.

We play a civilised game where everyone knows their position, their limitations, and their duties.
    Yes Bushy, but you have a Domestic Regulation to allow this. I wish that we had the same DR in England but we do not.

I just hope that the second pays for the tinnier as well.

EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes, the wording of 40.1.9 is: "For domestic play, Member National Authorities can transfer the skip’s duties described in law 40.1.7 to other members of the team" Until this occurs the matter is as stated.
    Last edited by corptaxman; 11-05-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/16
    Given: 2/2

Default Delegation

Yes, the wording of 40.1.9 is: "For domestic play, Member National Authorities can transfer the skipís duties described in law 40.1.7 to other members of the team" Until this occurs the matter is as stated.
    Astolat has told us that,can you not just admit you got things a bit mixed up,and never gave the full info,You stated the skip could not delegate the scorecard.everyone makes a mistake sometime, easier to admit it sometimes.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

Astolat actually said; "...the skip keeps the card. The skip can delegate this duty..." . We've already looked at the position under 40.1.9, but, in addition, 40.1.10 says:

"
    Skips can, at any time, delegate their own powers and any of their own duties (except those described in law 40.1.7)"

and it was the basic requirement under 40.1.7 that was being discussed as the prime Law relating to the original enquiry. I read the exception in parenthesis as meaning that the skip cannot pass over responsibility for the card (as it was established by 40.1.7) under the general delegation power in 40.1.10. This exception was mentioned in my original reply. Is my logic at fault?

Do you want a full quote of every single law that might possibly apply in the situation and in every country that bowls might be played every time? I've been accused elsewhere of giving too long responses - that would make them even longer. I reply to the best of my ability/knowledge under the laws/rules applicable to the given question in my country. You aren't obliged to read them, John - feel free to skip over them.

For precision (I prefer the lower-case P) I gave the wording of 40.1.9 - in #8 - from the laws as that made it clear that 40.1.9 does not give the skip the power to delegate, only the Member Authority to transfer a duty where it so choses. There is a difference between 'delegating' and 'transferring' in this context.
    Last edited by corptaxman; 11-05-2019 at 09:14 AM.