Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are they all the same?.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Good call Falky, I'm beginning to think that way.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/3
    Given: 2/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falky View Post
    Perhaps just use the outdoor season then to keep your arm freed up and use it as a practice for your indoor, instead of trying to take it seriously like you are? It's sod's law that when you do this, they'll pick you for the competitive county matches!
    I stopped playing outdoors 4years ago,found heavy greens to much , there was not much going on indoors, so i started 3 indoor summer leagues,Aussie pairs, Federation 2bowl triples, and a 3bowl triples league, 2 leagues daytime 1evening , i have over 80 players this year.good income for the club,In all leagues i selected teams on known ability,it is fairly relaxed format 2leagues play 2 sets of 7 ends,the aussie pairs play 2hours. Teams can opt to play at different times, as long as they play the fixture within 7days,All runs very well and no problems as I am the controlling body,and conditions of play for each league are displayed for all players to see,
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 15/0

Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    I stopped playing outdoors 4years ago,found heavy greens to much , there was not much going on indoors, so i started 3 indoor summer leagues,Aussie pairs, Federation 2bowl triples, and a 3bowl triples league, 2 leagues daytime 1evening , i have over 80 players this year.good income for the club,In all leagues i selected teams on known ability,it is fairly relaxed format 2leagues play 2 sets of 7 ends,the aussie pairs play 2hours. Teams can opt to play at different times, as long as they play the fixture within 7days,All runs very well and no problems as I am the controlling body,and conditions of play for each league are displayed for all players to see,
    Sounds like you have a good setup there John. Keep up the good work!
    You can always out-bowl your bad luck in every game!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0

Yes well done, my indoor club are trying to get friendlies going this summer, they have mixed triples leagues running as well as ,singles, pairs cup comps so plenty there.
    I've always liked being outdoors but the greens are making it not much fun,at our green you can watch your woods hopping all the way to the jack, if it gets much worse Ican see the woods jumping over the jacks.