Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustration & Anger Affecting My Game

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 61/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Maybe I should have recommended the above resources after our game, not before

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/1
    Given: 92/0

Quote Originally Posted by happymrjames View Post
    ....last year's triples was the Crawley....the year before was the county/Leamington one
    You said you won the County triples last year?

"I honestly cannot recommend this enough. Within the same year of reading this book for the first time I took my triples team to Leamington. Last year, I reached two quarter-finals of county comps and also won the county triples, and also reached the final of the Bournemouth tournament pairs. Results that I would not have achieved without the help of these resources."

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes - Crawley Triples. The year before Tom, Poodle and Jim beat us in the final of the real one

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut!! View Post
    You said you won the County triples last year?
    Baz - Bedfordshire men have a benevolent triples comp (like our ladies do)
    Thirty years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 3/0

And not only that he got to the Bournemouth Pairs Final with a certain Mr Jacobs of our acquaintance so he must be good.
    Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian Credo
    My opinions are my own not the EBUA's

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 2/0

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There's a game to get some experience from Well done tonight, Nick. Shame we didn't turn up for the first 15 ends (you all showed us how to play though!), but boy, that was a fun last four ends Would definitely have opened up the bottle of champagne if that comeback had happened Best of luck in the quarters

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry - I think the point has been missed (I'm sure it is my fault). I only mentioned some recent successes as a positive confirmation of the resources that I listed - and the fact that, up to the point where I found the book/resources I was playing extremely badly and not even remotely looking like winning anything at all (and to the point of being very close to giving up the game). Any successes that I've had in the past three years is due to those resources - and the biggest success being that I now really love playing, but the enjoyment comes from being able (mostly) to turn up and play at a high standard, and to enjoy doing that - without fearing, or worrying, or getting angry when someone is playing better and is beating you.

Bournemouth was a lot of fun. Interesting at times. A bit violent at times. And, quite a challenge too

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Red Shirt View Post
    And not only that he got to the Bournemouth Pairs Final with a certain Mr Jacobs of our acquaintance so he must be good.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 16/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by happymrjames View Post
    There's a game to get some experience from Well done tonight, Nick. Shame we didn't turn up for the first 15 ends (you all showed us how to play though!), but boy, that was a fun last four ends Would definitely have opened up the bottle of champagne if that comeback had happened Best of luck in the quarters
    Thanks buddy I thoroughly enjoyed the game and yeah it was definitely squeaky bum time for us towards the end there haha Once again thanks for the resources! Hopefully see you again soon...I'm thinking of coming down with my Dad and supporting the county in the Middleton Cup on the 1st, so perhaps chat more then!
    You can always out-bowl your bad luck in every game!