Thread: Sexism Row at Essex!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 91/74
    Given: 95/8

Default Sexism Row at Essex!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Saw this here in Australia many years back when Equal Opportunities got involved in a sexism row, ended up with Women playing in Mens Comps and was the beginning of the end with many walking away from the game.

On a footnote, wasn't my old co-moderator Its a Toucher from Essex, is she still around?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...qqt3nBT_hnn56w
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/5
    Given: 22/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Saw this here in Australia many years back when Equal Opportunities got involved in a sexism row, ended up with Women playing in Mens Comps and was the beginning of the end with many walking away from the game.

On a footnote, wasn't my old co-moderator Its a Toucher from Essex, is she still around?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...qqt3nBT_hnn56w
    Wow it's 2019 and this sort of stuff is still happening lol. I don't care if ladies bowl against or with me...it's not exactly a physical sport Hope they get the money and win!
    You can always out-bowl your bad luck in every game!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Falky View Post
    Wow it's 2019 and this sort of stuff is still happening lol. I don't care if ladies bowl against or with me...it's not exactly a physical sport Hope they get the money and win!

This has been rumbling on for some time, i heard about it back in the indoor season. It seems unlikely to relate to the outdoor green space as there are two greens giving 12 rinks at any one time. The indoor green has only 6 rinks and i was told that rink space had become an issue for everyone, with players struggling to offer dates for competition
    In national and county irrespective of gender, because of the high rate of green use.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 38/4
    Given: 13/7

Quote Originally Posted by showaddy View Post
    This has been rumbling on for some time, i heard about it back in the indoor season. It seems unlikely to relate to the outdoor green space as there are two greens giving 12 rinks at any one time. The indoor green has only 6 rinks and i was told that rink space had become an issue for everyone, with players struggling to offer dates for competition
    In national and county irrespective of gender, because of the high rate of green use.
    Is this indoor or outdoors?

There was a similar problem at Falcon Indoor also in Essex some time ago plus this last winter Old Coulsdon indoor in Surrey refused to let women play Vivienne or Mason which are national competitions normally played at 10:00 until 13:00 or later as they had menís leagues in the morning.

The opposition agreed to change the time. Very silly to bow to these Old Codgers. Before you say anything I am 72 and male.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Bowls International Technical Official
    EBUA International Umpire
    EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Surrey County Co-ordinator
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down

Having had time to read further this is indoors.

And this is the same club that is hosting the BIBC Junior menís outdoor international series on the weekend of 14 & 15 September 2019.

If anyone knows contact details for these ladies please pm me as they should have complained to the MNA the EIBA.

EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/3

I'm all in favour of allowing one-sex only 'clubs' of any ilk to be established from scratch if that's what people want, but not for any sexism/discrimination in existing mixed clubs. I'm not sure I would even want to belong to a club that had single-sex-only periods, proportionate or otherwise!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    I'm all in favour of allowing one-sex only 'clubs' of any ilk to be established from scratch if that's what people want, but not for any sexism/discrimination in existing mixed clubs. I'm not sure I would even want to belong to a club that had single-sex-only periods, proportionate or otherwise!
    I agree with you.

EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Deputy Chairman

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/16
    Given: 2/2

Default Internal leagues

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    So you do not think clubs should allow ladies and mens leagues, even though the club also has mixed leagues,so there would be no national competitions apart from mixed?Ladies in the Denny Cup, Men in the Yetton ??
    Last edited by john haydock; 12-06-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/3

#8 Not what I wrote.
    Last edited by corptaxman; 12-06-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    So you do not think clubs should allow ladies and mens leagues, even though the club also has mixed leagues,so there would be no national competitions apart from mixed?Ladies in the Denny Cup, Men in the Yetton ??
    John,

Please re the post again.

EBUA Website Manager
    EBUA Deputy Chairman