Thread: A new player

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/13
    Given: 0/0

Default A new player

-7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm here because I'm one of a sudden influx of younger (I actually mean from our 30s to our 60s!) players who have joined our local park's bowls club. The club was struggling and most of the more serious members left. A lot of us then joined because we thought it would be a real shame if the club folded. Before long, lots of us became almost obsessed! So now we have a club with a few older casual members who are really still our best players, and a bunch of us younger, very enthusiastic but pretty terrible players. We lose every week

Expect some REALLY stupid questions. We really want to learn but we have now idea what we are doing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 97/12
    Given: 32/5

-4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Fire away (excuse the pun)
    There is a lot of experience in this forum and we will do our best to help you
    No question is a stupid question
    It's a simple game really!!!
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Manchester 2002, Melbourne 2006, Delhi 2010, Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018

www.allanthornhill.com or Contact me directly @ Ask Umpy

Any comments made by me on this Forum are my personal opinions only and not those of the World Bowls Laws Committee or the English Bowls Umpires Association

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/2
    Given: 0/0

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTrop View Post
    I'm here because I'm one of a sudden influx of younger (I actually mean from our 30s to our 60s!) players who have joined our local park's bowls club. The club was struggling and most of the more serious members left. A lot of us then joined because we thought it would be a real shame if the club folded. Before long, lots of us became almost obsessed! So now we have a club with a few older casual members who are really still our best players, and a bunch of us younger, very enthusiastic but pretty terrible players. We lose every week

Expect some REALLY stupid questions. We really want to learn but we have now idea what we are doing.

Hello. Sounds like a breath of fresh air. Usually the older members would give a bit of guidance. But as long as you are not insulting/ abusing others then just enjoy it. It is a wonderful game for everybody irrespective of ability and i really wish you all the best. ENJOY THE RIDE!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/5
    Given: 20/0

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTrop View Post

Great to hear! Welcome to the forums.
    You can always out-bowl your bad luck in every game!