Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bendiness

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/9
    Given: 0/2

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    How do you know the course content used by the E.B.C.S when i first qualified in 2002.(in that era EBCS was accredited to the EBA.?
    Incredible, quite, quite incredible!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 54/16
    Given: 2/2

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riche View Post
    Incredible, quite, quite incredible!
    Since you started on this topic, you have made references to the state of coaching within the sport,and also the ability of coaches to deal with various aspects of coaching, disability,bad hips ,elbows etc,and many other conditions.You have talked about the lack of direction for those coaches and lack of organisation by the BDA,and yet you knew nothing about or had even heard of the EBCS,That is why i have made comments about them,which you find incredible.It is difficult as someone who has enjoyed coaching umpiring and playingthe game,to ignore those who seek to make comments about organisations they know very little about,and despite you insisting you are not knocking coaches i am afraid that is how i perceive your comments.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

Since you started on this topic, you have made references to the state of coaching within the sport,and also the ability of coaches to deal with various aspects of coaching, disability,bad hips ,elbows etc,and many other conditions.You have talked about the lack of direction for those coaches and lack of organisation by the BDA,and yet you knew nothing about or had even heard of the EBCS,That is why i have made comments about them,which you find incredible.It is difficult as someone who has enjoyed coaching umpiring and playingthe game,to ignore those who seek to make comments about organisations they know very little about,and despite you insisting you are not knocking coaches i am afraid that is how i perceive your comments.
    Since I started on this topic I have commented on ACCREDITED coaching. The ECBS aren't, they're a society. The fact I didn't even know about them speaks volumes doesn't it? How would I know about them? All the coaches in my area are BDA accredited coaches. The BDA receive Sport England money to provide this coaching in England. I'm saying it isn't good enough.

Nothing about coaches being rubbish, nothing about other, non-accredited bodies. As a bowler new to the sport, (relatively), I wanted access to quality, well thought through coaching and couldn't find it. That speaks volumes about the BDA in my view.

If you choose to be offended then so be it. That's your choice. I can't help the way you decide to think. Maybe rather than get all defensive you actually read what the posts say, you would read them differently and god forbid, even agree with me. I haven't particularly 'knocked' the ECBS other than to say they aren't accredited by BE or the EIBA, which, as you said yourself, they aren't.

Thumbs Up/Down

Since I started on this topic I have commented on ACCREDITED coaching. The ECBS aren't, they're a society. The fact I didn't even know about them speaks volumes doesn't it? How would I know about them? All the coaches in my area are BDA accredited coaches. The BDA receive Sport England money to provide this coaching in England. I'm saying it isn't good enough.

Nothing about coaches being rubbish, nothing about other, non-accredited bodies. As a bowler new to the sport, (relatively), I wanted access to quality, well thought through coaching and couldn't find it. That speaks volumes about the BDA in my view.

If you choose to be offended then so be it. That's your choice. I can't help the way you decide to think. Maybe rather than get all defensive you actually read what the posts say, you would read them differently and god forbid, even agree with me. I haven't particularly 'knocked' the ECBS other than to say they aren't accredited by BE or the EIBA, which, as you said yourself, they aren't.
    I agree entirely with the comments about the BDA,having watched a tutor conducting a course for prospective coaches, we only have EBCS coaches. if you contact them they will give you info on your nearest level 3 coach.The fact you had never heard of them is surely down to your club,I guess you have. Coaching info board with relevant info on coaching available.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

I agree entirely with the comments about the BDA,having watched a tutor conducting a course for prospective coaches, we only have EBCS coaches. if you contact them they will give you info on your nearest level 3 coach.The fact you had never heard of them is surely down to your club,I guess you have. Coaching info board with relevant info on coaching available.
    Thank you. Yay! We got there in the end.

Had you read my posts you'd quickly realise I don't need any help with a coach as I now have one. That wasn't my point and never has been.

If I was running a club (thank god I'm not) but if I was, it would be natural for me to want accredited coaches to the national body that the club was affiliated to. As I'm in England, that would likely be either the EIBA or BE. (for lawn bowls that is, not crown or Federation as I don't play those formats). I don't know but maybe you do, I assume the majority of clubs do this or are likely to going forward? Especially given the rewards for new members offered by BDA, currently 250 for 7 new members pa. Therefore, as the BDA receive grant money to the tune of 1m+ pa, they are the future here are they not? These were the reasons for my comments. Only this reason.

The ECBS that you represent and have accreditation with are not recognised by my national governing body (by affiliation) and receive no funding from Sport England. My NGB recommend and endorse the BDA. To my mind that is where I and most new bowlers would look for help. Only I couldn't find the level of help I was after.

Thumbs Up/Down

[QUOTE=Riche;1649349]Thank you. Yay! We got there in the end.

Had you read my posts you'd quickly realise I don't need any help with a coach as I now have one. That wasn't my point and never has been.

If I was running a club (thank god I'm not) but if I was, it would be natural for me to want accredited coaches to the national body that the club was affiliated to. As I'm in England, that would likely be either the EIBA or BE. (for lawn bowls that is, not crown or Federation as I don't play those formats). I don't know but maybe you do, I assume the majority of clubs do this or are likely to going forward? Especially given the rewards for new members offered by BDA, currently 250 for 7 new members pa. Therefore, as the BDA receive grant money to the tune of 1m+ pa, they are the future here are they not? These were the reasons for my comments. Only this reason.

The ECBS that you represent and have accreditation with are not recognised by my national governing body (by affiliation) and receive no funding from Sport England. My NGB recommend and endorse the BDA. To my mind that is where I and most new bowlers would look for help. Only I couldn't find the level of help I was after.[/QUOTE
    Last edited by john haydock; 30-07-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

[QUOTE=john haydock;1649351]
    Thank you. Yay! We got there in the end.

The ECBS that you represent and have accreditation with are not recognised by my national governing body (by affiliation) and receive no funding from Sport England. My NGB recommend and endorse the BDA. To my mind that is where I and most new bowlers would look for help. Only I couldn't find the level of help I was after.[/QUOTE
    Glad we are nearly there,There are very few BDA coaches in this area if any, have never seen any posters etc.in the clubs i visit either.we have just had a pupil tested this week for level one,he is very well trained,and one of his first questions to any new bowler will be too establish any medical conditions likely to effect the pupil.anyway Good luck with your bowling,JH
    No Grey Areas