Thread: Shorts and trousers.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Shorts and trousers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Why if i were to
    play in a county game and choose to wear shorts must they be Bowls England branded ones, which are not the best and not particularly cheap. Yet if i wear white trousers they can be any brand and not have to have a logo.

Im going to ask my county rep for clarification as i think this is a stupid stipulation and one that needs rectifying.

why should i have to pay nearly £40 for a pair of shorts from just one supplier when i can two pairs shorts made by a leading sports company from shops thatare equally as good.

bowls is struggling and things like this donít help matters.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/8

Quote Originally Posted by RichardofKent View Post
    Why if i were to
    play in a county game and choose to wear shorts must they be Bowls England branded ones, which are not the best and not particularly cheap. Yet if i wear white trousers they can be any brand and not have to have a logo.

Im going to ask my county rep for clarification as i think this is a stupid stipulation and one that needs rectifying.

why should i have to pay nearly £40 for a pair of shorts from just one supplier when i can two pairs shorts made by a leading sports company from shops thatare equally as good.

bowls is struggling and things like this donít help matters.
    Good point, totally agree with you. It is ridiculous and unhelpful.

You might also want to ask why BE also have inconsistent dress code regulations between the genders. Why can ladies wear cropped trousers but men can't?

I'd wear calf length shorts but dislike the approved BE shorts because they are knee length. It is partly physical/practical and partly cosmetic for me - I have a knee problem and don't wear shorts that aggravate it, as the BE length does. Surely, smart, tailored shorts (and/or cropped trousers) would be as good, or better, than the casual looking approved version?

BE need to seriously examine the restrictive nature of the dress code regulations in general in this day and age - there is a discrimination case in waiting with the current wording & restrictions.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/6
    Given: 5/0

Green bowling becomes less popular every year so Bowls England ensure that the remaining few are all properly dressed...a bit like attending a funeral?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/16
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by EJB View Post
    Green bowling becomes less popular every year so Bowls England ensure that the remaining few are all properly dressed...a bit like attending a funeral?
    I would remind you of the photo in the section( A bit about us) about your website and Old men in blazers and ties ?
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2

Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    I would remind you of the photo in the section( A bit about us) about your website and Old men in blazers and ties ?

I see nobody has mentioned the new range of EIBA clothing yet, or the change of regulations to accommodate their wearing. The shorts are ok if you want to take up boxing!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Default Eiba shorts

Quote Originally Posted by showaddy View Post
    I see nobody has mentioned the new range of EIBA clothing yet, or the change of regulations to accommodate their wearing. The shorts are ok if you want to take up boxing!
    The EIBA shorts are hidious. Worse than BE ones and they are not the best in the first place. Like the replica top though.