Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Almark Sterling bias

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default Almark Sterling bias


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I hope Iíve posted this in the right section. I have just taken up short mat bowls and have been offered a set of almark sterling bowls. I have tried to find information on what sort of bias they have and have found nothing. They are not arrow, slimline, or gold, they just say sterling. Does anyone know what they would compare to bias wise. Many thanks for any help.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 58/16
    Given: 2/2

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I hope Iíve posted this in the right section. I have just taken up short mat bowls and have been offered a set of almark sterling bowls. I have tried to find information on what sort of bias they have and have found nothing. They are not arrow, slimline, or gold, they just say sterling. Does anyone know what they would compare to bias wise. Many thanks for any help.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    These were once known as sterling slimline, the slimline was the design of the bowl, not the line it takes,my recolection is they were wider than Taylor Ace, i would have thought ideal for short mat,but i have never played the game myself,prefer the proper one.
    No Grey Areas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    These were once known as sterling slimline, the slimline was the design of the bowl, not the line it takes,my recolection is they were wider than Taylor Ace, i would have thought ideal for short mat,but i have never played the game myself,prefer the proper one.
    Thatís awesome. Thank you for your help.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 58/16
    Given: 2/2

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    That’s awesome. Thank you for your help.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you type into your comp or i pad Almark bias chart, one will appear JH
    No Grey Areas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Default


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    If you type into your comp or i pad Almark bias chart, one will appear JH
    I tried that but all I could find was charts that had the arrow, sterling slimline and sterling gold and I wasnít sure which one was the right one. Thanks for your help.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •