Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal Jack?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/3
    Given: 3/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by john haydock View Post
    That is exactly what i said in post 2,as the initial question said the problem occurred after a few ends,And as i said change the jack and continue from the present situation.The question is about the Law. Also if the boundary peg needs to be moved to make a decision before the end is completed it will be
    This is true if the boundary peg is not straight, ie. vertical, but not if the boundary peg is not in the correct place ie on the wrong mark.
    Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian Credo
    My opinions are my own not the EBUA's

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 58/16
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Red Shirt View Post
    This is true if the boundary peg is not straight, ie. vertical, but not if the boundary peg is not in the correct place ie on the wrong mark.
    I think the word adjustment indicates it was not vertical,but another valid point though
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    A player in a singles game, after a few ends have been played, complains he is having trouble delivering the jack to 23 metres because he thinks it feels too heavy for an outdoor green. He asks the Marker if he can replace it who calls on the Umpire for a decision.
    What are the Umpires options and if he decides to replace the jack, do the ends already played count?
    I have a question: If he complains the jack is too heavy and is struggling to get the Jack to 23 meters, what must he be saying when he then has to bowl his woods, which are far heavier?.
    I am sure you would understand when I say 'I am very baffled' by someone who would complain about a lighter ball, but does not say a thing about his much heavier woods.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 58/16
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by slfdbowler View Post
    I have a question: If he complains the jack is too heavy and is struggling to get the Jack to 23 meters, what must he be saying when he then has to bowl his woods, which are far heavier?.
    I am sure you would understand when I say 'I am very baffled' by someone who would complain about a lighter ball, but does not say a thing about his much heavier woods.
    An experienced lead would have noticed the minute he picked the jack up,the technique in bowling a jack and a wood are completely different,if the jack is wrong and he is playing with the heavy jack it will not be travelling like the lighter one,hence he will not be delivering it like he would want too.i am just amazed it took a few ends to realise the problem.
    No Grey Areas