Thread: D-Tec bowls.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Default D-Tec bowls.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John, guys.

Just to let you know I ordered a new set of the above, and will let you know the outcome John. They are being sold at a decent discount now, so well under RRP thank heavens. I'll keep the Tigers as a few rinks are very slow, like Melton Mowbray where sadly they had a flood last year. It's seem's to me a good two yards slower than ours, and the Tigers take half the green almost. Yesterdays game really brought it home to me, when i was bowling 2/3 past the number on the other rink beside me! How others go on I really don't know? One guy in my team has Ace bowls and never hits the same line twice, but he is a beginner and we are trying to get him to change his bowls. He gets the line right, (we think) but the woods carry on two yards past the jack, when he goes out further they never come back to centre it seems. I'm sure a set of Taylor VS would be ideal for most people on 90% of the greens, but I'm not keen on the grips on Taylors. DP seem to have a much more round profile in the hand. Anyway John and others your input has been brilliant, especially the person how's wife leads and uses them. Cheers all. Rich. PS I got a nice colour too maroon/red.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 2/0

Will be interested in this as well.

I've been using DP Pro indoors and I do like them, aiming for the number on the middle of the next door rink is the best line for me. Tried Aero Revolution and Tiger II before, but I think I'll keep using these.

Can't wait to try them outdoors, although they're probably too big for the cold and wet conditions being a size 4, so more looking on ebay for size 2 or 3s.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Iainn. I get you, but understand this, because our rink has speeded up you would have to aim a DR Pro almost at the next ring far bars. Thats half a rink more, looking at it from our view? The Drakes have not changed, it's the rink speed. Even people with VS bowls are now bowling much wider than ever before, but these bowls do cope. Hence my thinking I must try something different, like the D-Tec.

Those DPP will be ideal outdoor, if you just looking for some cheap outdoor bowls, there are loads of old Henselite supergrip about to try. An ideal bowl for outdoor and cheap too. They will swing even outdoor, so ideal for all positions. I moved to a 3 outdoor as you have to heave them down sometimes and the grip is better on a smaller bowl. Best wishes Rich.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 2/0

I already have other sets I've been using outdoors, Tiger and Tiger II. With the Aeros and the DP that makes four sets now. Can't resist an ebay bargain which some of them definitely were.

A convert to non gripped plain bowls now so might end up buying more!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/3
    Given: 0/1

Not really being an indoor player, why are such clubs (and their members!) 'allowing/accepting ' seemingly ever-faster carpets, when they then seem to have to go out and buy narrower bowls to counter that? A bit of a rhetorical question, perhaps! But, in all seriousness, does anyone actually ask for faster carpets when changing etc and, if so, are members consulted upfront about it?

How far can this trend go? It seems to result in an ever-wider difference of swing between those bowls designed for play primarily indoors and those for grass - which no doubt exacerbates the complaints heard about 'narrow woods' (and I do recognise that they have their negative points, so am not commenting one way or the other).

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 66/17
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    Not really being an indoor player, why are such clubs (and their members!) 'allowing/accepting ' seemingly ever-faster carpets, when they then seem to have to go out and buy narrower bowls to counter that? A bit of a rhetorical question, perhaps! But, in all seriousness, does anyone actually ask for faster carpets when changing etc and, if so, are members consulted upfront about it?

How far can this trend go? It seems to result in an ever-wider difference of swing between those bowls designed for play primarily indoors and those for grass - which no doubt exacerbates the complaints heard about 'narrow woods' (and I do recognise that they have their negative points, so am not commenting one way or the other).
    Speed of the green is not all down to the carpet,a lot depends what is under it, good quality underlay makes a big difference,and as far as i amaware there is onlyonecarper manufacturer now, yes clubs like faster carpets .Most indoor players have two sets if they also play outdoors ,but there is still a range of carpet speeds from 15secs to 19 in my county alone.
    No Grey Areas