Given: 0/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm sure it's not your fault.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/17
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by UncleZen View Post
    AIm sorry, I had to go out. Then update our bowls club website.
    Then for some reason, on a PC infant reply, but via Tapatalk, I can.

No, I get it, there's a rule but it only applies if the opponent is "Annoyed, Interfered with or distracted" which is a bit odd, contradictory and ambiguous.
    Its no surprise that bowls doesnt attract new players with rules like this is there.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Iguess you do not agree with the law which you did not understand anyway,why not just admit you were wrong.and save face
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Zen. I've been here where you are, lots of very pedantic people on here that thrive on folk that don't always ask a question precisely. They know what you mean, but are just being awkward. Maybe its why we have so many view posts, but so few want to put their neck out and answer. Like a post that gets 500 views but only 5 replies, almost always from the same 2/3 people.
    I know what you meant, and honestly I thought possession on the mat was exactly that. I thought you had to be behind the mat, once the bowl came to a stop. I also thought you had to be behind the jack if you followed up the rink after bowling. But Zen, you and I aren't National coaches with 50 years experience, as we are constantly being told?
    I play with several good skips, some like you in the pack, others like you standing back. I much prefer the skips that involve you in the game myself. What to law is about standing around the head I'm unsure, we do have a very good umpire called Umpy on the forum, I'm sure his input is correct. Remember next time you ask a question, experts are waiting to pick you up at every word. Kind regards. Richard.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by richardhb View Post
    Zen. I've been here where you are, lots of very pedantic people on here that thrive on folk that don't always ask a question precisely. They know what you mean, but are just being awkward. Maybe its why we have so many view posts, but so few want to put their neck out and answer. Like a post that gets 500 views but only 5 replies, almost always from the same 2/3 people.
    I know what you meant, and honestly I thought possession on the mat was exactly that. I thought you had to be behind the mat, once the bowl came to a stop. I also thought you had to be behind the jack if you followed up the rink after bowling. But Zen, you and I aren't National coaches with 50 years experience, as we are constantly being told?
    I play with several good skips, some like you in the pack, others like you standing back. I much prefer the skips that involve you in the game myself. What to law is about standing around the head I'm unsure, we do have a very good umpire called Umpy on the forum, I'm sure his input is correct. Remember next time you ask a question, experts are waiting to pick you up at every word. Kind regards. Richard.
    The original question was “does the law not apply” so i guess that comes from someone who knows the law,And as for coaches with 50 years experience that is just being stupid and sarcastic.Some answers come from those who have been and in some cases are still National and I.T O umpires.As for the few who do not want to stick there neck out and answer(perhaps they do not know)And i am not being awkward just telling you as it is.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by UncleZen View Post
    I interpret what I read,. Please explain it if you're the expert

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    This is another example of a sarcastic reply
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/3
    Given: 0/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am still a fairly new bowler, and have no qualifications, yet I like this site as it gives you a chance to read and learn more of the laws - both theorectically and in practice. And, despite that 'status' I like to offer replies - most people in smaller clubs do not read or know the laws, relying on hearsay: I would prefer to gain more knowledge. Even then, one can go wrong - but that teaches you as well.

As to responders 'needing' precise questions, that's not unreasonable - you can only respond to what is asked and it should be as clear as possible to get the best response, most tageted to what you are seeking to establish.