Thread: 'Flapjacks'

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Default 'Flapjacks'

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I seen a video on YouTube where the man in the video was using training equipment named 'flapjacks'. They look really handy, if you bowl over them they pop straight back into position rather than you having to walk up and reset the head of bowls you're practicing on. Does anyone know where I could purchase these? I've looked online and can't find them anywhere.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 115/13
    Given: 33/5

Do you mean these.

https://lawnbowlsonline.com.au/rebound-disc/

Can seem to find anyone selling them in the uk though
    It's a simple game really!!!
    Commonwealth Games Technical Official - Manchester 2002, Melbourne 2006, Delhi 2010, Glasgow 2014, Gold Coast 2018

www.allanthornhill.com or Contact me directly @ Ask Umpy

Any comments made by me on this Forum are my personal opinions only and not those of the World Bowls Laws Committee or the English Bowls Umpires Association

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/16
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by LMcC View Post
    I seen a video on YouTube where the man in the video was using training equipment named 'flapjacks'. They look really handy, if you bowl over them they pop straight back into position rather than you having to walk up and reset the head of bowls you're practicing on. Does anyone know where I could purchase these? I've looked online and can't find them anywhere.
    Quite a long time since i have seen them in uk for sale.Taylor bowls used to sell them ithink,there was an an indoor version with velcro fixings..The normal version used spikes to fix the base to the outdoor green.we use disposable coffee cups,but they do not spring back up.We did try making some using old CD’s reasonably succesful.
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 27/3
    Given: 0/1

There's a set hidden away at our club in the equipment shed - very good, really, although quite expensive in that advert. I've used them a few times, but I've never seen anyone else with them out.

Very few people ever seem to practice. We do have a lot of friendlies that consume peoples' time and, as John has said elesewhere, there is a lot of competition for that, and not just in sport: family etc duties often claim their share - few want to go beyond the friendlies.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/16
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by corptaxman View Post
    There's a set hidden away at our club in the equipment shed - very good, really, although quite expensive in that advert. I've used them a few times, but I've never seen anyone else with them out.

Very few people ever seem to practice. We do have a lot of friendlies that consume peoples' time and, as John has said elesewhere, there is a lot of competition for that, and not just in sport: family etc duties often claim their share - few want to go beyond the friendlies.
    I seem to remember a set of 8 was about 70 when they first appeared
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 38/4
    Given: 13/7

One of the coaches at my Indoor Club has made his own from old CDs and bits of plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Bowls International Technical Official
    EBUA International Umpire
    EBUA Surrey County Co-ordinator

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 93/74
    Given: 96/8

Quote Originally Posted by Umpy View Post
    Do you mean these.

https://lawnbowlsonline.com.au/rebound-disc/

Can seem to find anyone selling them in the uk though
    Saw a local who drives bloody quick, try these out, made the mistake of setting them up on the T, first bowl missed (He had just bought new bowls) second bowl hit the target bowl at high speed, next thing the bowl is airborne, over the bank and bouncing on the concrete. expensive lesson learnt, when the disc goes down, it becomes a launching ramp for high speed deliveries.
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .