Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On-line rink booking system

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well, what do I know!
    I was only asked by the committee to look into adding a rink booking system to our website. The committee were keen on using google calendar for some reason. But that doesnt split the sessions up into morning, afternoon and evening or 6 rinks.
    So I did a bit of research, it turns out there are a few out there. Most were ugly, some you had to pay for, some wouldn't work in our members area. Some required a database.
    So I decided to create one. My prediction was I could knock that up in a day, well, in true IT tradition, it took longer, but only by half a day, including testing.
    Looks like we start bowling next week

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/8
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleZen View Post
    Well, what do I know!
    I was only asked by the committee to look into adding a rink booking system to our website. The committee were keen on using google calendar for some reason. But that doesnt split the sessions up into morning, afternoon and evening or 6 rinks.
    So I did a bit of research, it turns out there are a few out there. Most were ugly, some you had to pay for, some wouldn't work in our members area. Some required a database.
    So I decided to create one. My prediction was I could knock that up in a day, well, in true IT tradition, it took longer, but only by half a day, including testing.
    Looks like we start bowling next week

Well Uncle Zen, how about sharing that with us or even selling us the system and code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0

Well that was never really my intention. I have built it with the inbuilt security I created for our site, and there are other dependencies that are already built in to the website framework, that would need to be extracted. To make it standalone would be more time consuming than creating it in the first place.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/8
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by UncleZen View Post
    Well that was never really my intention. I have built it with the inbuilt security I created for our site, and there are other dependencies that are already built in to the website framework, that would need to be extracted. To make it standalone would be more time consuming than creating it in the first place.

Ok. No problem then. Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk