Thread: Gooday Guys

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 98/74
    Given: 100/8

Default Gooday Guys

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Been a while, I know you lot are doing it tough with that virus thing, luckily we have finally come out of lockdown here in Victoria (Over 3 months staring at four walls) and finally reached 14 days of no new infections, Bowls getting back on the go again and hopefully a return to normality soon, so this aint an Umpiring thing, the old forum has of course been quiet, but wishing you all the best and hope you all keep safe.

Stan (Bushman)
    If anyone can save Bowls in England, this Man Can http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...owls-team.html .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/3
    Given: 0/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Thanks, and the same to you.

Sadly, lockdowns cannot end the virus, only knock it back for a while, so, until a truly effective long-term anti-virus vaccine is developed, and virtually universally distributed, this sort of on/off situation will probably continue (or, a decision to 'accept' a high level of death will be needed to avoid the economic and other consequences).

Eventually, these things pass - the Spanish Flu pandemic after WWI was probably the worst such in history (no-one really knows the number of deaths, but up to 100m worldwide has been suggested - and that back when the world's population was far smaller, and knocked back further by the war's death toll), yet most younger people will never have heard of it, let alone know how dramatic it was. It's only then that the true cost will be known, and we have to decide how to pay for it! It took the UK 100 years to pay off the last of the WWI war debt!

Our first, longer, lockdown was easier to adapt to, as we were moving into better weather - but now, in the UK at least, with winter here, it's not so 'pleasant'.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/2
    Given: 15/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Been a while, I know you lot are doing it tough with that virus thing, luckily we have finally come out of lockdown here in Victoria (Over 3 months staring at four walls) and finally reached 14 days of no new infections, Bowls getting back on the go again and hopefully a return to normality soon, so this aint an Umpiring thing, the old forum has of course been quiet, but wishing you all the best and hope you all keep safe.

Stan (Bushman)
    Good to hear from you again Stan.

I've been watching bowls from Australia streamed on YouTube and the normality is but a distant memory for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYb98nVFu3s

All the bowls I've played since March this year has been with sanitisers and distanced from my opponent(s).