Thread: Polish

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0

Default Polish

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What's the best way to get an old set of bowls looking highly polished again?
    I've applied several layers of Grippo now without any improvement ☹

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/2
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    What's the best way to get an old set of bowls looking highly polished again?
    I've applied several layers of Grippo now without any improvement ☹

Did you give them a scrub with a nail brush first? The surface tends to retain dust or other bits via grippo or similar substances which are sticky. If a good wash and polish does not work then the best way is professional renovation. Pershore bowls centre, the testers, are advertising renovation work on their website. Cheers

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/3
    Given: 0/1

Definitely need to give them a good clean first - I just like to wash them in tepid (not hot, or you risk alteriing the colour of some composite bowls) water with some washing powder mixed in; then, after drying, I apply Autosol Metal Polish and buff that with an old cloth; the polish is only very minimally abrasive and I originally had it for polishing the chrome on a car, then used it on my plastic pen/pencil barrels/nibs to good effect with no damage - it can be used on almost anything, I've found.