Thread: After match meal

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Default After match meal

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hello!
    In North Bucks after friendly matches, we normally provide a light tea either a salad or bangers and mash that sort of thing.
    After the problems of the last year at present we not providing any food, we just have our bar open.
    It would be of great interest to discover what other counties do.
    I have a friend who now plays in Lincolnshire and they don't play friendlies at all, so have no catering, and another friend who plays in Devon, he tells me his club just do a cup of tea halfway through.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 66/18
    Given: 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by enfield250 View Post
    Hello!
    In North Bucks after friendly matches, we normally provide a light tea either a salad or bangers and mash that sort of thing.
    After the problems of the last year at present we not providing any food, we just have our bar open.
    It would be of great interest to discover what other counties do.
    I have a friend who now plays in Lincolnshire and they don't play friendlies at all, so have no catering, and another friend who plays in Devon, he tells me his club just do a cup of tea halfway through.
    Cheers,
    Colin
    we always provided food, since lockdown we are not at the moment,we will resume when things get back to normal.i think it is an essential part of outdoor bowls,and creates a chance to meet other players,and discuss the match as well.I do not play outdoors anymore but still support the club,I find that. the federation leagues have a better commeradere (i may have spelt that wrong but you know what i mean?)All members take a turn at providing and are reimbursed from he club, most spend more more money though,
    No Grey Areas

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/3
    Given: 0/1

At the clubs I play at (in Devon) we have a break half-way through in friendlies with varying degrees of food (some quite extensive, some very light) and tea/coffee provided. Then, drinkies (soft, tea/coffee, wine or beer) after the match, usually paid for (individually) by the home player for their opposite number.

The first friendly, due on Saturday, was called off due to the weather, so I've yet to experience whether the long absence will have altered matters, but I doubt it. We had planned on a light buffet-style meal: quiche, sausage rolls, sandwiches and cakes etc - all made by volunteer members at their homes and to be brought in on the day.

At an internal roll-up this afternoon at my all-weather club, we had tea/coffee and biscuits inside the clubhouse afterwards for the first time (guiltlessly) following the latest relaxations.
    Last edited by corptaxman; 19-05-2021 at 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/7
    Given: 1/0

We are doing tea and biscuits at half-time in Ladies and mixed friendlies. In men's friendlies it's just crisps and beer after. One of our local men's leagues is commencing on the 24th June, at a recent EGM clubs voted unanimously to have no catering after the match, but bars will be open. Sadly I can't see us ever going back to the days of "full bowlers teas" which is a shame, but a sign of changing times.